June 26-28, 2013
Menlo Park, CA
Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) Foundations Workshop:
The KCS Principles
KCS is the best practice for knowledge management because it integrates knowledge capture, improvement, and reuse directly into support operations–there’s no guesswork, and surprisingly little overhead. If you’re considering launching KCS, tuning up your KM processes, or bringing a colleague up to speed, this three–day intensive workshop will provide the needed insights and skills. This course is also a prerequisite for software vendors undertaking the KCS Verified designation. Limited to 18 participants.
DB Kay & Associates has partnered with the Consortium for Service Innovation to deliver this workshop–DB Kay is KCS v5 Certified as a KCS consultant and workshop facilitator.
During this workshop, participants will learn:
- An understanding of the key deliverables required to implement KCS
- Best practices for measuring knowledge activity, performance, and value
- Techniques for insuring knowledge base quality without review queues
- Processes for creating in-workflow (A-loop) and value-added (B-loop) content
- How to manage a KCS adoption, avoiding mistakes others have made
KCS Practices v5 Certification
DB Kay & Associates is partnered with the KCS Academy to deliver this workshop with the option to also get KCS Practices V5 Certified.
This certification is intended for individuals who require a thorough understanding of both the methodology and adoption, like KCS Program/Adoption Managers and Managers of teams practicing KCS.
For more details about this certification, please visit the KCS Academy.
If you choose this option, we will provide detailed instructions for preparing for the certification and exam after you have completed registration below.
- Understanding KCS and its benefits
- KM best practices and industry examples
- KCS content: standards and quality
- The structured problem solving workflow
- Roles and responsibilities
- Performance assessment
- Leadership strategies and change management
- Technology requirements to enable KCS
- A roadmap for KCS adoption
For those attending, who are taking the KCS Practices v5 Certification
- Exam study time
- 2 hours to take the Exam (proctored by the trainer)
June 26 – 28, 2013
8:30AM – 5:00PM
Quadrus Conference Center
Menlo Park, California (Silicon Valley area)
Near SFO and SJC
Dress is business casual
Breakfast and Lunch provided
KCS Workshop – $1695.00
KCS Workshop for DB Kay customers, CSI Members or ASP Members – $1595.00
Select your registration type below
For questions, please Contact Us