May 23-25, 2017 – Registration Open
Campbell, CA (Silicon Valley Area)
Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) Foundations and Certification Workshop:
KCS is the best practice for knowledge management because it integrates knowledge capture, improvement, and reuse directly into support operations–there’s no guesswork, and surprisingly little overhead. If you’re considering launching KCS, tuning up your KM processes, or bringing a colleague up to speed, this three–day intensive workshop will provide the needed insights and skills. This course is also a prerequisite for software vendors undertaking the KCS Verified designation.
DB Kay & Associates has partnered with the Consortium for Service Innovation to deliver this workshop–DB Kay is KCS Trainer Certified as a consultant and workshop facilitator. While we have experience with multiple knowledge base technologies, we are vendor independent, as is this workshop.
During this workshop, participants will learn:
- An understanding of the key deliverables required to implement KCS
- Best practices for measuring knowledge activity, performance, and value
- Techniques for insuring knowledge base quality without review queues
- Processes for creating in-workflow (Solve-loop) and value-added (Evolve-loop) content
- How to manage a KCS adoption, avoiding mistakes others have made
If you are planning for KCS Practices v6 Certification through the KCS Academy, please let us know so that we can help you with exam preparation during the workshop.
KCS Practices v6 Certification (optional)
If you are planning for KCS Practices v6 Certification through the KCS Academy, please let us know so that we can help you with exam preparation during the workshop. We have experienced there to be a large benefit to planning for your exam immediately following the KCS Foundations Workshop. Though the workshop is not required, it is highly recommended.
Our recommended plan for getting certified:
- First read through all the materials and exam objectives prior to the workshop
- Use the workshop to deepen your understanding
- While still fresh in your mind, take the proctored exam on the last day
We offer Certification Exam Proctoring on the last day of the workshop as well as offer you the option to pay us directly for the certification (below) and the workshop at the same time. The cost of the certification is the same as what the KCS Academy charges, which is $535 (Exam $450 + Practice Exam $85). An added benefit is that we will also guide you through the Practice Exam on day two of the workshop. To attend our workshop and also take your certification exam, please select your workshop Ticket AND a certification Ticket below.
- Understanding KCS and its benefits
- KM best practices and industry examples
- KCS content: standards and quality
- The structured problem solving workflow
- Roles and responsibilities
- Performance assessment
- Leadership strategies and change management
- Technology requirements to enable KCS
- A roadmap for KCS adoption
- Optional: KCS v6 Practices Certification Exam
May 23-25, 2017
8:30AM – 4:30PM
Regus Conference Center at The Pruneyard (Silicon Valley Area)
1999 S. Bascom Avenue
Suite 700 (7th Floor)
Campbell, CA 95008
Dress is Business Casual
Price of workshop includes lunch and workshop materials
Recommended pre-workshop preparation – KCS in Five Minutes
If you have any questions, please Contact Us