July 14-16, 2020 – Registration Closed
This workshop will be delivered virtually via web video conference.
Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) Practices Workshop:
KCS is the best practice for knowledge management because it integrates knowledge capture, improvement, and reuse directly into support operations–there’s no guesswork, and surprisingly little overhead. If you’re considering launching KCS, tuning up your KM processes, or bringing a colleague up to speed, this three–day intensive workshop will provide the needed insights and skills. This course is also a prerequisite for software vendors undertaking the KCS Verified designation.
DB Kay & Associates has partnered with the Consortium for Service Innovation to deliver this workshop–DB Kay is KCS Trainer Certified as a consultant and workshop facilitator. While we have experience with multiple knowledge base technologies, we are vendor independent, as is this workshop.
During this workshop, participants will learn:
- An understanding of the key deliverables required to implement KCS
- Best practices for measuring knowledge activity, performance, and value
- Techniques for insuring knowledge base quality without review queues
- Processes for creating in-workflow (Solve-loop) and value-added (Evolve-loop) content
- How to manage a KCS adoption, avoiding mistakes others have made
KCS Practices v6 Certification Preparation
If you are planning for KCS Practices v6 Certification through the KCS Academy, please let us know so that we can help you with exam preparation during the workshop. We have experienced there to be a large benefit to planning for your exam immediately following the KCS Practices Workshop. Though the workshop is not required, it is highly recommended.
Our recommended plan for getting certified:
- First read through all the materials and exam objectives prior to the workshop
- Use the workshop to deepen your understanding
- While still fresh in your mind, take the proctored exam within two-five business days after the workshop
- Understanding KCS and its benefits
- KM best practices and industry examples
- KCS content: standards and quality
- The structured problem solving workflow
- Roles and responsibilities
- Performance assessment
- Leadership strategies and change management
- Technology requirements to enable KCS
- A roadmap for KCS adoption
July 14-16, 2020
8:30AM – 4:30PM
Virtual, via web video conference.
Zoom online meeting details will be provided by DB Kay & Associates after receiving your registration.
Recommended pre-workshop preparation – KCS in Five Minutes
If you have any questions, please Contact Us