KCS Foundations Workshop
The KCS Principles
KCS is the best practice for knowledge management because it integrates knowledge capture, improvement, and reuse directly into support operations – there’s no guesswork, and surprisingly little overhead. If you’re considering launching KCS, tuning up your KM processes, or bringing a colleague up to speed, this three–day intensive workshop will provide the needed insights and skills. This course is also a prerequisite for software vendors undertaking the KCS Verified designation.
Three Day Workshop
The KCS Foundations Workshop focuses the 8 Practices of KCS and what it takes to support a successful KCS Program implementation and adoption. Industry examples and class exercises are used to develop these practices to make them more practical. KCS Content, structured problem solving workflow, roles and responsibilities, performance assessment and measurements, and Leadership and Communication requirements are all included in the workshop agenda. In the end, you will be left with a clear understanding of what KCS is, how it works, knowing what the benefits are for your organization’s success and then – how to do it!
During this workshop, participants will learn:
- An understanding of the key deliverables required to implement KCS
- Best practices for measuring knowledge activity, performance, and value
- Techniques for insuring knowledge base quality without review queues
- Processes for creating in-workflow (A-loop) and value-added (B-loop) content
- How to manage a KCS adoption, avoiding mistakes others have made
At the end of the workshop, you’ll have:
- A collective understanding of the KCS principles and how they would apply at your company specifically
- Documented decisions that will drive the deliverables needed to launch KCS in your organization
- An aligned, bought-in team
Another way to get started is a KCS Design Workshop, which is a Foundations Workshop, but tailored to your company’s business goals, infrastructure, customers, and caseload.