If you engage us for only one KCS offering, this should be the one.
A KCS Design Workshop is a three or four day opportunity to align the organization’s key stakeholders on the KCS practices, make critical decisions about how to customize the practices for your organization’s specific needs, overcome potential objections, and plan the work.
- The KCS Practices: context, benefits, and the operational model
- KCS Content
- The KCS Article States (publication and approval processes)
- KCS Roles and Responsibilities, including a company-specific licensing plan
- The KCS workflow and technology requirements
- Performance assessment
- ROI analysis for KCS and self-service
- Leadership and the Communications Plan
- Program planning: the Adoption Roadmap
It’s not just training! The team will work together under our guidance to make decisions and recommendations for company-specific customizations including workflow, the Article States, the Content Standard, the Content Standard Checklist, the Communications Plan, and the Program Plan. Sessions are very interactive.
Who Should Attend?
Our Design workshops typically include ten to twenty participants. Attendees often include:
- The KCS Program manager, and other KCS / KM program team members
- Line managers and directors overseeing the teams that will actually be implementing KCS
- Support engineers / analysts / generalists / agents themselves, who will represent their teams and report back to their organizations about what they’ve learned. It’s often useful to include both enthusiasts (who may become coaches) as well as influential skeptics.
- People responsible for training, if different from the program team
- Business operations analysts, or those focused on the metrics, if different from the line managers
- Those responsible for working with IT or vendors to implement technology changes
Materials are based, in part, on content licensed from the Consortium for Service Innovation.
KCS v6 Practices Certification
If you choose, some or all participants may sit for the KCS v6 Practices Certification, which recognizes those who have a thorough understanding of KCS and how to put it in practice. This is a valuable credential for program leaders, and can help the entire KCS Council align on KCS success factors. We will help you prepare for the exam, including reviewing practice test results with you.