Make the Most of the Knowledge You Have, Right Now
Knowledge is the key asset of the support organization. Without effective knowledge
- Case handling is inefficient
- Newly-remote workers fumble in the dark
- Self-service isn’t effective and we miss deflection opportunities
Maybe you were going to kick off KCS or another KM program. Maybe your KM program needs a reboot. That may have been the plan a month or two ago, but right now it’s go time.
You go to war with the knowledge base you have, not the knowledge base you might want or wish to have at a later time
Knowledge Domain Analysis
Using the KCS Evolve Loop technique of Knowledge Domain Analysis, DB Kay can leverage the knowledge you’ve already invested in and make it more effective for internal and self-service audiences alike.
- Have staff members given up on searching? We’ll make it worth their while.
- Are people burning up Slack channels asking tenured staff about known issues? We’ll let the more knowledgeable people get back to work.
- Is self-service not taking off the way you’d like? We’ll increase usage and success.
What We’ll Do
- Analyze the “short head” of knowledge and article feedback to identify work with the highest payoff
- Create Resolution Paths or Master Articles to guide users quickly to high-value content
- Rewrite, cleanse, and refactor highly used knowledge base articles
- Harvest knowledge from other sources—communities, Slack, Teams, Cases, etc.
- Tune knowledge delivery, including search, SEO, chatbots, and portals
What We Need to Deliver Success
- A kickoff meeting with the program owner / manager / team
- Occasional access to Knowledge Domain Experts or other Subject Matter Experts
- Remote access to recommend or, ideally, implement knowledge base updates
More on What to Do in These Difficult Times