A cross-functional enterprise deployment of KCS requires a KCS Center of Excellence
KCS started in customer service and support, but is now being used to share knowledge and improve performance across enterprises in organizations such as Customer Success, Field Service, HR Shared Services, Procure-to-Pay, IT Service Desks, Presales, and more.
While each of these initiatives will be managed by its own department, it’s important to have a cross-functional organization that enables, aligns, and provides governance for each of these KCS deployments. We call this organization the KCS Center of Excellence (CoE).
DB Kay can help you establish this center of excellence by
- Defining the organizational structure, and the relationships between the CoE and the implementation teams
- Creating a high-level Strategic Framework to align the CoE’s work with the enterprise’s objectives
- Providing Internal Trainer Certification to empower CoE staff to train and facilitate design sessions for implementation teams
- Establishing corporate standards for KCS, including what must be common across the enterprise and what may vary among teams
- Determining the composition of the enterprise-wide KCS council and a model for governance
Don’t let multiple KCS implementations just happen! A KCS Center of Excellence drives consistency, efficiency, and reuse across the enterprise.